Maximum allowed value for a string variable content in JavaScript

What is the maximum string content that can fit inside a Javascript variable?

I had this requirement where my Ajax script would return a sizeable amount of data for processing.

It was at this moment that I wondered if the returned value would fit inside a variable. I browsed through some of the available feedback in a Google search.

Most of them opined that there is no limit on the string variable content.

How do we check the maximum value for a string variable?

So, I thought, "let us check it in real time".

As per my test, I found out that a large string with a length of 102400 was initialized without generating any JavaScript error.

I am sure, nobody would require anything more than this inside their JavaScript variable.

Here is my statement:
I tested by initializing a JavaScript variable, in the browser console, with over 100,000 characters without an error.

My test machine was an I7 with 4GB of RAM.

No comments:

Two Reasons Google Ads Lead Form is Rejected

Two Reasons Google Ads Lead Form is Rejected An Investigation on Why the Google Ads Lead Form in My Google Ad Got Rejected. I just...

Most Popular

Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected DWYE-NHTO-NBNH-7FFM