Error when I start PerfectDisk!
I got this error on startup of PerfectDisk, my disk defragmenter, "Failed to connect to computer "MYCOMP", The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."
Strangely the program doesn't recognize my hard drive, but other defragmenters I have installed do? Does anyone know what could be causing this? Thanks for any help.
I think I have a solution for this specific error. Try the following:
1) Download and install, "Spybot - Search & Destroy"
2) Download and install, "Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Personal"
3) Run the installed software one after another.
4) Try executing PerfectDisk now. Does it show all your drives for defragmenting?
1. Copy and paste on Google to find download links for the software.
2. Remember to download the latest updates, when running the software for the first time.
Did it solve your problem?
Update to the above post:
Today is 2nd October 2006. Birthday of the pioneer of the non-violence movement, Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, father of the Indian Nation (also called Bapu, Gandhiji, Gandhi Thatha and so on, in love and reverence). Peace unto all. Love Makes All, Hate Breaks All.
What i did next is as follows:
1. Uninstall Perfectdisk
2. Delete the Raxco directory including the Perfectdisk sub-directory (You be careful when deleting the Raxco directory. Delete only the Perfectdisk sub-directory if you have more than one software from Raxco installed)
3. Restart the computer
4. Open the registry editor ("start", "run", "regedit", "OK")
5. Press the "Home" key to go to the first entry in the registry
6. Press F3 to open the search window
7. Type "Perfectdisk" and click on "Find Next"
8. Delete the matching entry
9. Press F3 again to find the next matching entry
10. Delete the matching entry. Continue until all matching entries are found and deleted
11. Exit the registry editor
12. Restart the computer
13. Reinstall Perfectdisk
14. You are ready to use it now. Your problem is solved, Yes?