I got this error on startup of PerfectDisk, my disk defragmenter, "Failed to connect to computer "MYCOMP", The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."
Strangely the program doesn't recognize my hard drive, but other defragmenters I have installed do? Does anyone know what could be causing this? Thanks for any help.
I think I have a solution for this specific error. Try the following:
1) Download and install, "Spybot - Search & Destroy"
2) Download and install, "Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Personal"
3) Run the installed software one after another.
4) Try executing PerfectDisk now. Does it show all your drives for defragmenting?
1. Copy and paste on Google to find download links for the software.
2. Remember to download the latest updates, when running the software for the first time.
Did it solve your problem?
Update to the above post: